On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Eric Boutilier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Am I the only one that doesn't like the --something-or-other options
> > > of GNU related software?
> >
> > Personally, I now consider it preferable (like a little bonus) when a
> > tool or command provides long option equivalents for short options.
>
> Why?

Well that's kind of like asking me why I like listening to Randy
Travis. I like what I like, period.

Well I suppose that's not a fair analogy as it's a little easier to
quantify why a person likes certain aspects of software environments
than why they like certain types of music. So the main reason why is
using long options in personal scripts and such (emphasis on personal)
is a quick-n-handy method of making it self-documenting.

Eric