Eric Boutilier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Gunnar Ritter wrote:
> > Eric Boutilier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Calling POSIX a "law" and calling it a "recommendation" are extreme
> > > ends of the spectum is you ask me. How about meeting in the middle and
> > > calling it a key UNIX/Linux industry standard?
> >
> > This amounts to "a recommendation which many have followed".
>
> Sure, but my point is that standards like POSIX are more important than
> even that wording conveys.

+1

And I don't see any problems with using wordings that are used the same way
while discussing POSIX ducuments on the POSIX mailing list.

Gunnar did join this list some time ago, so he should be aware of it and
I am in hope that other people know what I mean when I use the words
"illegal" or "incorrect" with respect to POSIX conformance.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/