On 7/15/05, Sunil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> and I have to admit that gnome developers have no regard for portability. kde
> 3.4.1 compiles OOB on solaris, while every other pkg for gnome 2.10.1 needs a
> manual patch.

As you can see from Stefan's patches it does not necssarily compile
out of the box:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/3.4.1/contrib/Solaris/10/SunStudio10/SOURCE.PATCHES.COMMON/

This is exactly the type of wording/comparison I don't want to see in
threads here. Because all it does is encourage a 'A vs. B' type of
jihad. Talk about things positively, such as: "I think the build
process for GNOME could be improved as currently I have issues
building it."

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/