Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any makefile that uses $< in an explicit rule is dubtlessly broken if it
> claims to be portable and authors of free software usually claim to
> write portable software.

_If_ they claim that. Otherwise they rely on documented behavior of
GNU make. This is quite different from "the authors implement code
that matches GNU make bugs", as you were writing previously.

> My impression is that you are not interested in a fruitful discussion
> but only listen to certain buzzwords and then start to pick on people.

Hey, _you_ are continiously picking on other people's software, in
particular on GNU software, and then wonder if somebody complains?

        Gunnar