On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, James Dickens wrote:

> right now, we can start with the basics when you grab a package from outside
> of the solaris community, be it bsd or gnu or where ever, and want add it to
> a distro, the first step is to make it build...

+1. But... (sorry to be a broken record) we need to be more specific.
In other words: Make it build on _which distro_ ... Schillix, Solaris,
both, or either? (And this is not only relevant to building/porting
packages but generating patches, updates, sending diffs to the
maintainers, etc.)

I vote for both (at least until we know whether there will be an
OpenSolaris reference distro.)

Eric