On 07/14/05 15:55, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Jim Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The build/test farm would be available to OpenSolaris developers, and will
provide access to various high-end and low-end Sparc, x64 and other
hardware platforms. We plan on making it better than what's currently
available elsewhere, with help from the OpenSolaris community.

Please think about a way that would help SchilliX.

Let me repeat what I remember from an earlier discussion:

It seems that these machines run Sun Solaris and are intended to be used
with bfu.

How should we then remove all the software and files that is not part of OpenSolaris or SchilliX and that would falsify test results?

bfu is appropriate for testing during devlopment for the bits it
delivers/dumps (ON consolidation within Sun) provided you dump
over reasonably compatible "other bits".

If you want to test a distribution the you need to test outside
of bfu.  In Sun the W-team produce the full wad of stuff and
make it available in CD and DVD form where it can then be
tested via cd/dvd and network installs.

So the requirement can be met by providing serial console
access on testfarm machines and a network install server.
This is no different to what exists in labs across Sun so
I'm sure a testfarm can accomodate.

Gavin