On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Sunil wrote:

`pkg-get -i anjuta`

and that would have been the end of that.

and your sanity as well because it will duplicate many of packages already part of /usr or /usr/sfw, under /opt/csw.

That was a problem discussed a few days ago. Basically, as I understand it, Blastwave packages are supposed to work the same way on any Solaris version (from 8 to 11) and you can't guarantee that some required library would be in the base OS or in the same place. Sun has moved some stuff from SFW to SUNW and added (and probably removed) a lot of free software in more recent releases.

But, I still don't understand why the newest CSWsudo installs something like 15 or 20 additional packages. Previous versions of CSWsudo were much more reasonable in that sense. This is a bug in my opinion.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole    No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer