Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 14:04, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > creating a mysql-4.1 pkg from scratch. Or what if you want the same
> > version that Sun shipped, but just need it compiled with different
> > options? That's trivial on Linux distros, not so trivial on Solaris....
>
> Thats what the SUNWmysqlS package is for, it is intended to
> be almost equivalent to the source rpm.  However rpm is both a build
> and package system the SVR4 package system isn't.

I don't see anything in rpm that could not be handled via the pre and
postinstall scripts that are part of a SVR4 package.

> The README.sfw file in the package does tell you how configure
> was run.

This only contains a rough description in prosa but no build system.

For GPL'd software, it violates the GPL as the build scripts are
not available.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/