On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Keith M Wesolowski wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 02:26:58PM -0700, UNIX admin wrote:
>
> > Me too. What is the reason that the ata driver wasn't released as source?
>
> In truth we're not allowed to tell you why it's not there, but you
> could read our VP's blog at
> http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/gaw?entry=it_s_alive, which should
> make it pretty obvious.  See also
> http://opensolaris.org/os/about/no_source/ which won't answer your
> question at all but will help if you have the same question about
> other missing stuff.

On a somewhat related note, for the stuff that hasn't been opened yet, is
there any possibility of reprioritizing? For example, it's been said on
the list before that the SysV pkg* stuff won't open up for 12 months.
Based on the discussions on here, that stuff seems of major interest to
those seeking to build distros though, and perhaps more urgent to get
opened than, say, snoop

I know all this is bizarre, complex, and has lots of areas that simply
Can't Be Talked About In Public (and hey, I still find it deeply amusing
that after all these years, Red Hat is finally shipping AT&T ksh source
and Sun has no plans to ship ksh code ;-), but if stuff that's of high
interest to the community and is planned for eventual release can be
kicked up in priority that'd be nice

later,
chris