> <Looks like this thread went digressed.

  <snipped>

> Anyway, before any consideration for
> Simplified/Traditional Chinese user community/ies, I
> would like to see iiimf ported to SOS.  This little
> utility package has made a big difference among
> Chinese-speaking Linux users in their flocking to
> Fedora.  (Fedora Core "recklessly" decided to switch
> to iiimf in FC2; after a few rocky bumps, iiimf now
> seems to be very well integrated after FC3--nowhere
> near perfect, but much better than other distros.)

    For Sun and IIIMF (or whatever nextgen input method framework Sun might
choose) This is an interesting and informative blog to watch,
    http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/eyan/Weblog

    It's even better if the author could join us here on opensolaris mailing
list.

    I haven't tried new Fedora Core, though Solaris 10 indeed did a better job
at multilingual support than most of linux distro out there :) let's hope
Solaris codebase can widen the gap further.

    Ivan.