Bryan Cantrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just to emphasize Eric's point from the OpenSolaris side:  I think there is
> a silent majority (myself included) that would love to see alternative
> distributions of OpenSolaris.  Choice is a Good Thing -- for everyone.

Everybody is invited to create new distributions.....

However, I still hope that there will be cooperation between the different
OpenSolaris based distributions and I hope that thee will not beas much
divergence between them as we already see between Linux distributions.

> But it's a shame about the Debian legal opinion; is there any sort of appeal
> process, or do these opinions tend to be final?

Why do you believe that there is a "Debian" legal opinion against the CDDL?
There was a quote from one single person who just seems to be an advocate
for evil people..... My information is that Debian did accept the CDDL
as a free license.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/