On 7/27/05, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eric Boutilier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I don't know what the SFW/CCD OpenSolaris roadmap will look like, but
> > here's another thought somewhat related to the above:
> >
> > For people who are maintaining their own builds of Solaris freeware it
> > seems that there might be a lot of advantages to adopting the JDS
> > pkgbuild process. See:
> > http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/eric_boutilier?entry=does_the_jds_build_environment
>
> I will check JDS once SchilliX includes X.
>
> Fetching the JDS sources was a nightmare (I hat to do approx. 300 mouse
> clicks).
> I asume that unpacking the sources will take a whole day ad the sources are
> in pkgadd format.....

Hardly. I've worked with the JDS source downloads. You can just
extract it to a ~/devel directory of your choice using tar, then setup
CBE, and use pkgbuild to create a new package based off the directory
it contained. Or, if you want, you can grab the sources out of:
reloc/share/src/*/SOURCES along with all the patches and any
accompanying man pages.

It probablky wouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so to write a shell
script to automate the process of extracting each file, and then
copying or moving all the files out of the "SOURCES" directory to some
place of your choice in a new structure of your own.

You don't really have to use pkgadd to use the JDS source downloads at
all. I didn't :)

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/