W. Wayne Liauh wrote:

twave.org is much more established than when yum started--there is really no
comparison.

I am very interested in having my virgin experience with blastwave.org in the near
future.  But after a causual glance of the package list, I am wondering why there
is no openoffice.org package?  Also, does pkg-get handle dependency problems? How
to become a package maintainer?  How about starting own repositories?  Thanks &
Apologize for my silly questions.
All those questions are answered on the site (other than openoffice). Don't forget that StarOffice is now included in Sun Solaris 10.

It does handle package dependencies.

Cheers,

Ian