--- Bart Smaalders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Felix Schulte wrote:
> > On 8/24/05, Torrey McMahon
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>We could tell you but then we'd have to shoot you.
>  :-P
> >
> > Is there still something in work or is the related
> project in
> > hibernation/canceled?
>
> Note that the cpuid space is sparse on some
> platforms... see
> mp_startup.c for details...
>
> - Bart
>

> mcp-c% psrinfo -vp
> The physical processor has 1 virtual processor (192)
>    UltraSPARC-III+ (portid 192 impl 0x15 ver 0xb0
> clock 1200 MHz)

> --
> Bart Smaalders                        Solaris Kernel Performance
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://blogs.sun.com/barts

It is interesting in the comment of supporting 512+
CPUs or maybe '1024' dual-core CPUs from reviewing the
source code. With the dawn of using Solaris in very
high-end computational projects, I wonder if the bar
has ever been pushed to have Solaris support 512-2,048
CPUs in a single platform for 64-bit solutions under a
single instance of Solaris???

With all the talk of virtual universes,the Matrix, and
space exploration, you'd think we'd run across this on
by now!

Ken Mays @ EarthLink, Inc.