On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:12, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Making UFS dual endian would not be really hard.

and it's been done to a cousin of the Solaris UFS code (take a look at
NetBSD; look through their ufs/ffs and fsck code for "FFS_EI" ifdefs).

To port that over to solaris, additional work would be required on the
logging code, of course.

> I would guess this is 1-2 weeks of work + testing.

Based on the fragility I've seen in the UFS/FFS code over the years on
multiple OS's, I'd pessimistically say 1-2 weeks of coding + 5 years of
testing .... (ok, it's probably not that bad, but...).

                                        - Bill