On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:03:16AM -0700, Octave Orgeron wrote:

> But now that I know ZFS will have "space-efficient" r/w clones, I may
> be able to defend the castle as it were;) I know this must be a
> question you get a lot.. but here it is.. Is there a way to test out a
> pre-release version of ZFS? I realize we'll have to sign NDA's and what
> not, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in.

Octave -

We're currently in the "end game" for ZFS development - pushing full
speed towards integration (I won't make claims about an exact time
frame).  We considered a more accessible beta program (as well as
opensolaris.org hosting), but it was not an efficient use of team
resources at this point in time, and would likely delay the eventual
integration into Nevada.  We promise we're doing everything possible to
get ZFS putback ASAP.

- Eric

--
Eric Schrock, Solaris Kernel Development       http://blogs.sun.com/eschrock