Jan Setje-Eilers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  For what it's worth, I hacked away at the nevada build 22 miniroot
> and was able to install a 128Mb system. Here are the details:
>
>   http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/setje?entry=post_new_boot_solaris_on

In that blog, you mention

        Systems with less memory can still be live-upgraded.

What's the current word on performing a Live Upgrade from S10 FCS to
Solaris Express with newboot (and eventually back to S10 FCS)?  I think one
issue was the lack of biosdev, which should be fixed by patch 117435-01.

I haven't tried this in a while, but managed to hack up a live upgrade from
S10 FCS to snv_16 with a shell script that produced biosdev output quite
some time ago, at that time installing the Live Upgrade packages from
snv_16 on S10 FCS.  On that laptop, I'd like to keep S10 FCS as a fallback,
so I plan to luactivate the S10 FCS BE again, add current (snv_23) LU
packages and the biosdev patch and try again.  Is this expected to work?
The current SX 9/05 Release Notes still mention `x86: Cannot Use Solaris
Live Upgrade to Upgrade to Solaris Express 6/05'.

Thanks.
        Rainer