On 10/7/05, W. Wayne Liauh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dennis Clarke wrote:
>
> < . . .
>
> <Let's start again .. really
>
> <what does your system report when you type in
>
> </usr/sbin/ifconfig -a
>
> <as root actually.
>

> Thanks, a step-by-step tutorial session like this is exactly what I needed.
> However, I have wiped out the nv23 installation and reinstalled FCS (or
> whatever that is called).  An entire afternoon was wasted (though I was still
> able to do something else concurrently) b/c someone stated that a new build
> was finally OK for a Solaris newbie.  (Previously I had tried a couple of
> nevada builds, and both were total disasters.)

Oh heck.  I hate it when that happens and the machine becomes a warm brick.

Feel free to have a look at my blog .. round about here and afterwards :

http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=99

If you ever want to go through a build of Nevada then just say when.
Maybe we can then connect on IRC  (
irc://irc.freenode.net/opensolaris or irc://irc.freenode.net/blastwave
) and we can walk through a build at the same time.  I'll have a box
here to build with and you grab some box there and then we see how the
process goes.  It helps a ton to have someone go step by step and man
I can relate to that.

I know that I'd like to do a build sometime this weekend.  Let me know
if you want to have a go at it.  This is where IRC is a cool thing to
have because other people generally join in and Alan Hargreaves is
generally around ( nick tpenta ) among others.  We never work alone !

Dennis Clarke
Director and Admin for blastwave.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]