Hello Rugrat,

Thanks for your reply.

The documentation for the viewsonic VA1912WB is "light", but here it is :

http://viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/aseries/va1912wb/
http://viewsonic.com/pdf/us_eng/products/VA1912wb-1_ds_lo_1005.pdf

This document does not mention the refresh rate supported with resolution set
to 1440x900 px. But after some googling, I've found some other screens whose
native resolution is also 1440x900, and they had a refresh rate of 60Hz at this
resolution; so I guess it is the same for the viewsonic, but I couldn't be sure
about this.

Concerning composite sync, I don't know either if this monitor can work with
this mode; the documentation doesn't say anything about it ... If someone has
informations, I'd be interested. (this monitor is nice and cheap, I'd like to
use it with my Sun workstation).

Concerning the changes the driver would need, I'd be interested to work on it.
Is this driver a part of the available OpenSolaris source code ?

Regards

Yann