As a part of ref:
http://www.sun.com/desktop/index.jsp?tab=3
http://www.sun.com/desktop/docs/Type7Reference.pdf

The docs help in testing and mapping for the Type 7
keyboard and scroll feature of the Type 7 mouse for
GNOME and other desktop environment integrations
available in XKB.

I'd like to know if Sun already has some files or
patches for the keyboard and mouse for JDS/GNOME
integration like they do for the older keyboards.

Ken Mays