Joerg Schilling wrote:

I am currently working on a SchilliX that uses SVr4 packages.

That's nice to hear.

We would need a few simple extensions to pkgadd to increase the usability.....

I believe that the SVr4 package system needs to be OSS as soon as possible
and that all OpenSolaris distributions should use it. This means that a
"OpenSolaris compliant" sticker should require the presence of SVr4 packages
oncd this is OSS.

The package sources are being actively worked on - the roadmap says they'll be there this quarter, and we do believe that will be the case.

I'm not sure what an "OpenSolaris compliant" sticker would be designed to achieve, though, or why SVR4 packages are necessarily a part of it.

Dave