Thanks for this additional information, Octave. CAB member Al Hopper gave you guys a +1, so you are all set regarding the CAB. Also, there is clear consensus for this proposal, so we are moving forward. Please work with Eric Boutilier to set up the community.

Jim
--
Jim Grisanzio, Community Manager, OpenSolaris
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/

Octave Orgeron wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks Jim for the clarification on what is required to get a community
approved by the CAB. In accordance with that, below are some of the
required items for the SysAdmin community. This is by no means set in
stone and I welcome feedback from the community.
Goals:

1. Create an OpenSolaris Community to empower Systems Administrators in
the development, documentation, and best practices for managing
OpenSolaris.

2. Provide an environment where ideas and concerns related to managing
OpenSolaris can be channeled and addressed.

Technical Scope:

1. Help direct efforts for the manageability of OpenSolaris (Standard
CLI's, Webmin, N1 Systems Manager, etc.) to provide a consistent and
coherent management experience.

2. Interface with other OpenSolaris Communities to formulate standards
and guidelines that relate to systems management.
3. Work closely with the all OpenSolaris Communities to enhance
documentation and procedures related to systems management.