Keith M Wesolowski wrote:
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 06:18:08AM -0800, BASH wrote:

i have a network between 2 machines windows XP and a solaris 10

my network is built on a cross cable, my problem is that the 2 machines cant
see each others!!!

each machine can ping it self but cant ping the other one. i want to share
files between them so what might be the problem!!!!!!

Just a few possibilities based on the information you've provided:

Keith, I'm having a spot of bother with a kettle. I think its running Nevada b33 (embedded version). Any thoughts? ;-)