On 2/13/06, Bill Rushmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Derek E. Lewis wrote:
> > We may also define "functional" as how many apps each desktop environment
> > has.  CDE or JDS both have file managers -- dtfile and Nautilus,
> > respectively; however, as everyone has said, CDE, itself, (meaning the
> > apps it has, etc.) is much faster than JDS, so what gives?
>
> It is kind of hard to compare dtfile and Nautilus.  That is one of the
> main differences between the two.  In Nautilus you have things like
> support for Samba, burning CD's, and an iterface similar to a popular
> comercial OS.  However, that might not matter too much to most CLI people
> (i.e. the typical Solaris user?).  But the tabbed terminal was enough for
> me to switch.

Maybe this is just me, but has anyone else noticed that all terminal
emul. programs out there seem broken in some respect?  gnome-terminal
is pretty bad(though I do like the tabs as well), and I've had the
best luck with dtterm, but I still occasionally have a problem with
it.  I'm never quite sure if its the term or the system I'm on.

Dave