On 2/21/06, Mark Greenbank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  Is there a public repository for SMF configuration files for popular open
> source packages (e.g., PostgreSQL)?
>
>  If not, does anyone see a value in this? I myself am trying to add packages
> to a stock Solaris system and I'm finding I have to craft a lot of them by
> myself.

I think that James Dickens has this process well in hand and there are
definately SMF profiles for popular packages.

Please see :   http://www.blastwave.org/smf/

also see James blog : http://uadmin.blogspot.com/

and I suggest you toss in a few bucks to buy the guy a coffee.  There
is a button there that says "If any of this information helps you,
please donate and let me know that my effort is valued".  He has dug
me out of a few sticky situations with his vast knowledge on more than
one occasion.  I have found that if James doesn't actually know the
solution then he knows the guy that does.

Dennis