Yann POUPET wrote:
Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, I hope so ...

I was just wondering if OpenSolaris' code has ever been checked/audited with
tools that attempt to discover bugs, such as Coverty.

http://scan.coverity.com/

There may be some other similar tools, and it could be interesting to check
Solaris, couldn't it ?

Much of the Solaris source has been scanned in the past with a tool
that was the precursor to the lint -errsecurity now found in Sun Studio,
to check for security bugs, as well as just plain lint to check for
things that may cause general bugs.

Coverity just started providing their services to X.Org, so the X
sources may start benefiting from this soon.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]