[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >typeof(arg1)
> >strchr(const char *, char)
> >
> >or something similar that would carry the actual input over to the return
> >value.
>

> It would soon give you C++ type overloading.  Might not be bad, but you
> know where to find C++ :-)

A good subset of the functionality (which I agree is a bit troublesome
in that generic formulation) would be to allow storage qualifiers
alone (not full types) to leak through functions.  Something like:

    #pragma storage_return strchr(1)
    char *strchr(const char *, int);

That would mean "the strchr function takes a pointer to character
argument, it does not modify the storage pointed to, and the value it
returns has the same storage qualifiers as the first argument."

Maybe ... someday ...

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>