Dennis Clarke wrote:>
Once something is in the "wos" then thats is it.  It is part of the
operating system.  The concept of "core" operating system is a matter
for discussion but the "wos" is the whole thing right ?

Yeah I guess "core" is a problematic term here.  What about "part of
the operating system main installation".

Its worse for the Solaris physical packaging because we have bundled,
unbundled, and copackaged (ie on a separate set of CD/DVD media to
the OS proper but in the same physical box).

"Unbundled" I guess is approximately "separately bought" or "separately licensed", but that is icky terminology these days too.

--
Darren J Moffat