>>> Hence no 4K blocksize on UltraSPARC.
>>>
>>> (But even 4K pages with 8K blocks didn't work right on x86, at least)
>>>

>>maybe it is time to update the newfs manpage.  For Solaris 10 at least.
>

> In what sense?  It already says "the sun4u architecture doesn't
> support the 4K blocksize".

It simply seems odd to refer to the 4K page size for the non-sun4u hardware
when Solaris 10 does not support sun4m or sun4d etc etc.  Simply leave the
manpage with an 8K page size ( block size ) and leave it at that.

The references to frag size of 1K or disks that are 1GB insize seem a little
old fashioned.  Of historical value only I think.

Then again .. I actually managed to create a ZFS filesystem on a 12 year old
HP C3010 disk.  So .. anything is possible.  Just not very reasonable.

Dennis