> Stability and compatibility doesn't necessary imply
> outdated software. In fact
> nowadays running oldish software gives nothing by
> unattractive look. And
> that is what spookes many potential users.

I disagree.  Having latest-and-greatest, if it comes from the Linux camp, does
not mean quality.  And if the "potential user" looks mainly at the availability
of "latest-and-greatest" when evaluating a platform, one must really wonder how
serious about using that platform the "potential user" is.  Seems to be that it
will only stay at "potential".