James Carlson wrote:
John Levon writes:

I really wish people would just remove themselves as RE when they're not doing
anything, I find it really annoying. I bet there's a number of bugs that
actually aren't getting fixed due to old RE entries.

There's no way to tell.  The standing rule I've heard is that if you
see something you're interested in, and it hasn't been touched in a
long time, then contact the RE to see if he'd be willing to give it
up.  The answer is almost always "yes."

That's why those fields don't get reset.  It's just too easy to work
around the problem, so nobody bothers fixing it.

Listing bugs by time of last modification (rather than RE != NULL or
dispatch/accept) might be more interesting.

Once we come to a consensus... I'll have to ask someone very nicely to update my script.

- Karyn

I still think, though, that the accepted/dispatched distinction is
important, and that finding ways to encourage better use of the tools
is a better plan.

I have no idea how you plan to encourage people to keep information in bugster
accurate, but I wish you the best of luck :)

Extremely irritating cron jobs and pointed sticks come to mind.  :-/