On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 07:41, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> Have there been exceptions?  Absolutely.  No one ever questioned Eric
> Boutilier or Torrey McMahon ...

You might not question them, but that never stopped us.... :-)

> But some measures, as I am sure you will agree, need to be
> enforced to ensure safety and quality.

Right, but what should those measures be?  Is it better to focus on
people, or on code?

The Solaris development process more or less rejects the notion of
trusted developers.

I expect everything I do to be questioned, and if I can't adequately
explain and defend my proposed changes, I'm not ready to integrate.

Everything we do is (or at least should be) subject to peer and expert
review.  No change ends up in OS/Net without being reviewed by at least
2 other people, and sometimes far more than that.

We emphasize control over *what* goes in, not *who* makes the change.

                                                - Bill