Dennis Clarke wrote:
Given your blog stories about looking for a job, aren't you the leading
example that requiring someone to be gainfully employed to contribute
to blastwave doesn't make much sense?

Hmmm .. well now you are getting personal.  That's okay.
So no one questioned my identity or intentions.
I don't think you would either.

I wasn't questioning anything you've done - I was intending to point out
that despite your employment status you've done a hell of a job with
Blastwave.   The question was what makes it okay for you and not for other
contributors?

As others have pointed out, the root of the problem is that your current
setup requires you to put your full trust in the maintainers of each package
with no way to verify that they've not inserted a trojan horse into the build.
That's the discussion that should continue here.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]