"Dennis Clarke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> 4) No duplication/replacement of libraries already
> >>    present in the target Solaris release.
>
>  Also super tough given the multiple versions of Solaris to be
>  supported.  It may simply be a case where there will be multiple
>  trees of software.  Currently Blastwave has a tree for Solaris 8
>  on Sparc and x86.  This is then linked to 5.9, 5.10, 5.10.1 and
>  of course 5.11.  We do not yet have a link for SchilliX etc.

A current problem with Blastwave is that Blastwave compiles everything
on Solaris 8 and thus gets only the features from Solaris 8.

This makes e.g. star & cdrecord limited.

Another problem is the fact that Blastwave sometimes installs much
more than I like and I ever requeted. One result was e.g. that
Blastwave did install another sshd and let it "replace" on a random base,
resulting in problems to log in. This is something that needs
a fix in case that Blastwave would be used as a base for a generic
OSS add on system.

>   Is this a "need" or a "want"?  In order to ensure that you can
>   reproduce the exact same bits at "your house" then we need to
>   completely spec out the build platform as well as patches etc.

No, if you build on Solaris 11, you get more functionality than on S8.

But then Blastwave needs to become OSS itself.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)