On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 01:31 -0700, Bob Palowoda wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:40:18PM -0700, changho.kim
> > wrote:
> > > Solaris have tools to control service by system.
> > > That's called SMF
> > > This is important role of self healing but every
> > solaris beginner
> > > have difficulty in input command by keyboard.
> > > if user don't familiar with keyboard, they want GUI
> > program.
> > > So I propose this project
> > > Make GUI SMF program!!
> >
> > Though the ultimate goal is to do a lot more, the
> >  prototype for the
> > Visual Panels project (screenshots, demo, and source
> >  at
> >     http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/vpanels/
> > currently contains a basic SMF GUI.  Please check it
> >  out and let us
> >  know what you think.
>
>  This stuff looks great.  And it's a good candidate for
> the justification of the ARC case to be public for OpenSolaris.

Don't you think using Java for this kind of things a bit of overhead?
Its not like this app will be running on OSX or Windows.. why bother
with Java then? Besides to do simple management thingy natively you need
an extra layer, like JNI... I don't think its the right way to go
frankly... :-)

--
Erast