> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> >Well, to be serious I did seee also code coming into OpenSolaris that
>> would not
>> >pass my audits...
>>
>> Considering that any band of engineers produces bugs in a proportion to
>> the
>> amount changed, that should be no surprise.
>>
>> Did you file bugs for those instances?
>
> Of course, see e.g. the discussion related to the broken Sun tar ACL format.

Slightly off-topic but you reminded me that we need an update to star at
Blastwave that will not signal a "sparse" notice for every file that one
copies or tars from a ZFS filesystem.  The star in SchilliX 0.5.2 seems to
works great.

I had to revert to using find and cpio on build 36 a few days ago.
It felt so .. so .. primitive.  :-)

Perhaps you could update CSWstar ?

--
Dennis Clarke