Hi Ricardo,

Just as an FYI... there is an opensolaris project we just started, FUSE on Solaris, that you might be interested in watching. http://opensolaris.org/os/project/fuse/.

Regards,
sarah
*****
Ricardo Correia wrote:
Hi, I'm a computer engineering student from Portugal, and I would love to make
a ZFS implementation for FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) for Linux (and
FreeBSD). I know it would be cool to have a kernel-level implementation, but
that would be too big of a project for me work on my own.

However, I'm fairly confident I would be able to do a mostly-complete
implementation of ZFS on Fuse on my spare time.

Is there a possibility to arrange a mentor for this project from
ZFS/Opensolaris?

Thank you.