Stephen Hahn wrote:

  Over in website-discuss, we've reached consensus that, for the site
  lists as a whole, the various "[foo-discuss]" tags should not be
  prepended to subject lines by default.

You're kidding, right?  This has really helped me, at least,
deal with all of the opensolaris email.

  Since opensolaris-discuss is the highest traffic alias on
  opensolaris.org, I think it is reasonable to make one exception if
  those mailx(1) users out there feel strongly enough.  If no one
  cares, then we'll switch them all over the course of tomorrow
  afternoon.

Oh, of course.  One standard for us and one for everyone else.

Some of the other forums, namely zfs-discuss and networking-discuss,
can generate quite high levels of email traffic within a short period of
time.

If/when it becomes trivial to subscribe a different alias to each
forum (to aid IMAP mailbox delivery) in opensolaris.org,
this would be fine.

Darren