* Darren Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-05-01 16:15]:
> Stephen Hahn wrote:
>
> >  Over in website-discuss, we've reached consensus that, for the site
> >  lists as a whole, the various "[foo-discuss]" tags should not be
> >  prepended to subject lines by default.
>
> You're kidding, right?  This has really helped me, at least,
> deal with all of the opensolaris email.

  I wasn't kidding.

> >  Since opensolaris-discuss is the highest traffic alias on
> >  opensolaris.org, I think it is reasonable to make one exception if
> >  those mailx(1) users out there feel strongly enough.  If no one
> >  cares, then we'll switch them all over the course of tomorrow
> >  afternoon.
>
> Oh, of course.  One standard for us and one for everyone else.

  (There are plenty of other limited MUAs out there; sorry to single
  yours out.)

> Some of the other forums, namely zfs-discuss and networking-discuss,
> can generate quite high levels of email traffic within a short period of
> time.
>
> If/when it becomes trivial to subscribe a different alias to each
> forum (to aid IMAP mailbox delivery) in opensolaris.org,
> this would be fine.

  It's standard Mailman--can you not do that today?

  We will hold off on this change for a week; those of you who are
  actually interested in site infrastructure need to subscribe to
  website-discuss; this notice came out of me being courteous.

  - Stephen

--
Stephen Hahn, PhD  Solaris Kernel Development, Sun Microsystems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://blogs.sun.com/sch/