Joerg Schilling wrote:
-       But The GPL requires to publish scripts for the compilation
        (see GPL ยง3) in case you publish binaries. However it is
        unclear whether this includes Makefiles. But note that
this only seem to apply for people who publish binaries created from GPLd software

-       And unfortunately, the CDDL does not have such a clause.

I would like to see a solution for this deficit of the CDDL.

Then doesn't that just make the CDDL the very GPL like ?

My understanding of the CDDL is that is as deliberately a file based license and as such the clause you request can't be possible because every file is unique. The whole point of this requirement for CDDL is to allow mixing of open and closed source and picking and choosing at a file level rather than the project level that the GPL requires. If you don't like that then maybe the GPL (maybe GPLv3) is better suited for your needs.

While I would strongly encourage people to release as much as they can I don't think it is appropriate to change the CDDL to require this.

--
Darren J Moffat