Hello,

> I just loaded nv38 on my hp/compaq ze4530us laptop,
> it has the ATI Radeon 4xagp, video chipset.  It still
> exibits the system hang problem after booting,
> keyboard/mouse stop responding even before Xorg
> starts.

Yes, about the hang it still present on my Acer Aspire 5024. So, nothing is
solved. My HP DV5000 exhibits a strange behavior and there are some ACPI issues
on that machine.

>    Booting up with -kd and using manually
> typed in workaround is effective but putting "set
> npe:pcie_error_disable_flag = 1" in /etc/system has
> no effect.

In my opinion that could mean there is another problem. Have you tryied to boot
with acpi-user-options set to 8 or 2? If that solves the problem, you can
"eeprom" it. I know.. even more typing :-)

>   It still baffles me that this problem,
> which is evidently widespread, has so little
> attention from SUN.

Nothing more to say on that one.

> It has, by accounts here, been
> with us since snv16 and we are at b38+.  I will keep
> trying each build as they appear hoping for the best.
>   BTW:  Nexenta alpha 4, does not exibit the problem.

The output of scanpci -v on Nexenta alpha 4 could be interresting.

Best regards,

J-F