Roland Mainz wrote:
Joerg Schilling wrote:
"Holger Berger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think runat(1) is a good debug/development tool.  I don't believe that
it is useful for building applications on top of, if you need to build
apps then use openat(2) and friends not shell scripting.
Please relocate the tool to /sbin/runat to make clear it is only
intended to be used for administrative purposes.
Huh?

You propose to introduce an unneeded incompatibility just because
you don't like a specific program?

Just my opinion: If it is just for debugging (and no other real-world
purpose shows up) it should be moved away from /usr/bin/, for example
/usr/ccs/bin/ may be a good place assuming it's debug only.

except that we are gradually moving stuff out of /usr/ccs/bin (and leaving behind symlinks) into /usr/bin. Why ? because people thing Solaris doesn't have make(1) or yacc(1) etc! Just like /usr/proc/bin was bad so is /usr/ccs/bin - it is just the legacy reason that differs.

--
Darren J Moffat