Dennis Clarke wrote:
Steve published a nightly snapshot of the onnv source today (
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/on/downloads/current ).

SXCR Build 39 is on schedule to deliver Friday (5/12).

Just out of curiosity, when I see a release like "20060508" only days before
the release of snv_39 am I looking at the same code as snv_39 ?

I ask this because Stephen Lau released 20060508 a few hours ago and I just
went through a build/BFU/ACR reboot cycle and all looks swell.  Am I looking
at doing this again on Friday or can I sit here happy ?

20060508 is the date that the gate closed for build 40... so barring any respins/backouts that the gatekeepers do, it will be the same as build 40.

but if any showstoppers are found, and they need to back something out or pull in an additional fix, then build 40 will diverge from 20060508.

cheers,
steve

--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development