Spencer Shepler wrote:
I would like to propose the creation of an NFS/RDMA project to be affiliated with the OpenSolaris NFS community.

The purpose of this project is to update the existing
NFS/RDMA(Infiniband) support in OpenSolaris to match the most recent
Internet Drafts on the topic.  It would also undertake performance
characterization and tuning of the implementation.

Sun and Network Appliance have funded Professor DK Panda and
his team at Ohio State University to do the majority of this work.
Their current project page may be found at:
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/nfs-rdma

I will act as project leader.

+1.

Also I'm very interested in the VM interactions of the NFS implementation and what we can do to improve performance.

- Eric