On Tue, 23 May 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Within Sun's software developement, we use something called "binding"
determined by our architectural review committees to help determine
the appropriate releases such a change can target.  Nevada (OpenSolaris/S11)
is micro binding right now - so bigger changes can go in there that
cannot go into an update (which are "patch" binding, since the updates
are essentially made up of patches).  It's all based on interface
changes & ability to backout or not use a feature.

I thought Nevada was back to minor already (that's why we switched from
5.10.1 to 5.11 at some point)

You're right - that's what I meant, but not what I typed. Thanks
for catching it. :)

But, as pointed out later by Jonathan - being 5.11 means nothing for
what the final name might be when marketing decides to release this :)

Valerie
--
Sponsor me in the Breathe Easy 2 Rock Ride - 65 miles!
Money raised goes to the American Lung Association: