On Saturday 27 May 2006 11:33 pm, Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
> Well, all things being considered, this mailing list is nothing more
> than a glorified parlour game of people throwing their 5 cents worth
> in, and venting their frustration.

Well, we can give you a few dollars back for the worth you've added, just so
that you're on a level playing field.

> The fact that SUN do an Apple, in that they reveal nothing about their
> future plan, only fuels speculation and assumption that if nothing has
> been done in 3 years in a particular area, its correct to assume that
> obviously SUN has actually done nothing.

Well, maybe it's not possible for Sun to do that, but enlighten me.

> If in the three years, since Solaris's revival on the x86 platform, no
> Adobe has been released, one assumes that SUN has done nothing in that
> area; as one would rightfully assume that with $4billion under ones
> belt, one should be able to get things rolling along nicely.

Need I explain assume to you?

> Alan, you should have had a keylogger and packet sniffer setup on his
> computer - then we as a community could have played that favourite
> game show; Blackmail :-) (yes, very sad Monty Python reference).

Yeah, but I wouldn't do that...I'm the type of person that would try to
protect him from that type of stuff. For me, free is free, and it works both
ways.

--

Alan DuBoff - Sun Microsystems
Solaris x86 Engineering