"Kaiwai Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No, I think the thing worse than that, are those who develop applications as
> if the whole world revolved around Linux - take the gnome-cd application,
> its link to a linux cdrom.h header - now wouldn't it be smarter to create an
> abstraction layer between the devices and applications that that
> applications don't directly link to the system, thus make portability that
> wee bit easier?

There is a lot more Linux specific on GNOME.

THe most important task we have with OpenSolaris is to convince people that
trying to compile on Solaris is a must for every OpenSource project.

For this reason, it is important to better advertize the free Sun Studio Tools.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)