On 5/31/06, Kaiwai Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/31/06, Ignacio Marambio Catán <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Given SUN's payment of $200million to SCO (for not alot of stuff IMHO),
the
> > reliability of "SUN" as a "Linux partner" comes into question - slam
Linux,
> > then provide middleware for it.
>
> how do you know what sun paid sco for?

IIRC, a Sun employee said it was 'drivers' and 'x86 related information'
which I find hard to believe; $200million is a bit of cash to pay to a
company who, quite frankly, is dying/dead/gone.

For that number, why not just buy the whole damn company?

I googled for a while and didnt find the exact number, however,
everything i found seems to confirm it was way less than the number
you came up with.
This thread is not productive for the community any longer so I will
drop it, please, next time you write something like that add a source
that confirms what youre saying or dont write that at all.
lets go back to talking about opensolaris instead of sun, shall we?

nacho