On 5/31/06, gheet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:

> Well, lets assume we go "free software and free love" - someone has to
> create this software - and with 5000 employees given the sack at Sun,
> wouldn't of it been bettter to direct those 5000 (lets assume 1,000 were
> programmers) or so to put together a decent Adobe Acrobat replacement?

    To me evince is decent enough PDF reader :). Even better it is going
to be in SNV B41 as the default PDF viewer. If it can view your PDF
document, send us the samples, log bugs, we treasure such contributions
more.

Unfortunately not all documents display things properly, my brothers engineering PDF he downloaded failed to display on either KPDF or MacOS X preview, hence, Adobe Acrobat was required.

I'm sure comprehensive PDF support is possible, but the issue is whether said companies are willing to invest time and money into a product that'll give them no direct profit.

Matty