David J. Orman wrote:
Unfortunately, I absolutely have to agree here. With a dualcore cpu, multiple gigs of ram, and a 7900GT (which Nvidia assured me was supported with their binary driver), Solaris was *unusable* for me as a desktop due to this "lag" being described. It's almost like a stuttering. I saw it on network activity and hd activity *i think*. It was so terrible, I didn't even bother trying to diagnose it. I'm willing to give it another shot if somebody wants to help me figure out what the issue is. It's occured on lots of different hardware for me though, everything from old athlon xp systems to this current beast. All with Nvidia video cards, all using the binary nvidia driver. Oh, and intel 1000g ethernet cards. It's the *only* thing keeping me from deploying Solaris on my desktop as my primary development/administration platform. Help me!

Weird.  You see this on all sorts of hardware including dual core
machines.  What kind of hardware are you seeing this on now?

- Bart

--
Bart Smaalders                  Solaris Kernel Performance
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://blogs.sun.com/barts